Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Digital Storytelling: Extending the Potential for Struggling Writers


As I was searching for examples of digital stories I came across this article from Reading Rockets. The article was published in 2009 but it is still very relevant.  The authors of the article discuss how many young students struggle with the traditional literacies and how using new technologies like digital storytelling can boost motivation and increase learning opportunities.  Within the article there are many links not only to examples of digital stories but also some resources for creating videos.  Take a look and let me know what you think

1 comment:

  1. Kate, this is a great find. I am going to add this resource to my digital binder for the unit on digital storytelling for EDUC 584. I wish we had more time in the course to work on this unit. We are only touching the surface, but this is a great resource for the future. See if you can get it on the class wiki somehow in an appropriate category.

    ReplyDelete